August 16, 2013
We drove from about 6:45 until just after 2 o'clock. To get from Niagara Falls to Lake Placid, NY. We have been plagued with a squeaky fan belt since Acadia and in the back roads of the Adirondacks, we have added the check engine light to the mix. Obviously the FunV needs some work. Despite those problems, the drive into Lake Placid was very nice.
We checked into a hotel in Lake Placid to be close to the lake and so that I would be able to take a shower after my swim on Saturday. The kids were thrilled to have cable TV and a pool.
Around 3 o'clock I did a half mile swim in the lake. I have been worried about the temperature dropping for the last week and when I got in it was take your breath away cold. Immediately, you want to pull your face out of the water to breathe. I managed to work through it, swam the cable and get comfortable with the swim. Then we checked out the 1980 Olympic Center, home of the Miracle on Ice.
Afterwards we returned to the hotel where we ordered a fabulous pizza and calzone and watched movies. The kids went for a swim but I did not join them. Then we had an early bedtime.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home